Friday, July 4, 2008

My Language

Today has been a day when almost everything that anyone says to me is in a different language. I haven't had one of these days for a while. I just wish they would all teach me this language! It's very frustrating. I knew it was bad when at dinner Munchy specifically said, "Hey mom, ajsd';rofja'c;oruc;v juer'oakjdf "? I looked at her & said, "Sorry, what"? By this time all of the squirrels were listening & watching the exchange. Munchy patiently said again, "Mom, ajsdl;ifn ;alidurja;lsici cjl;kyroqpa;lkdjf"? I stared at everyone with a profound, yet familiar, puzzled look on my face. Then Bri came to my rescue! She started shaking her head from side to side & whispered, "no". Thank you!! I trusted she knew what was said & what the answer would obviously be, so I just answered Munchy with a noncommittal "no". I still haven't a clue as to what was being asked.

So with a pajama morning, preparations noncommittally made for the 4th, a nap, dinner taken care of (thanks, again Bri!), a "run away" trip to Walmart (where I threw a bit of a tantrum that was witnessed by friend; I know she said some things in the different language to me, as well), squirrels bathed & tucked into bed, a half hour phone chat with my husband, and a llllooooonng warm shower under my belt, I still can't seem to make myself go to bed. It's 12:30 a.m. What is a woman to do??? MAKE OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH, OF COURSE!!! Yep, and I'm scooping it right out of the bowl!!!! Mmmmmmmm......it is so ooey-gooey-yummy-grubbin' good!! Hey Laura, are you still awake?? You, too, Jenny!! I'm willing to share!

I feel so much better! I just wish everyone would speak my language: Cookie Dough

5 comments:

Tifany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
girls said...

Too funny Mom I can't believe you through a tantrum in the store. Oh yeah, I could have came doun and had cookie dough too with you! I'll do that any day!!!

John and Laura said...

Ha ha! I wouldn't doubt that I was speaking another language. I feel like I'm functioning on about 4.5% of a brain lately, but sldku skldu sk'a/x.md, anyway.

Happily, I was sound asleep last night, but I'd have loved to join you for a cookie or two...

TandKWaterfall said...

I with you there Sis. Cookie Dough is always a saver.

Anonymous said...

Cookie dough fix's EVERYTHING oatmeal choc.. chip