Last month we celebrated the first day of spring. As part of our celebration, I made each of the girls a spring skirt. They picked out their own material and pattern. Of course, I supplied the choices of patterns:) We were all ready to wear our fun skirts on the first Sunday of spring, but then we all got that yucky virus! We spent the next 4 weeks home bound and felt totally "inactive". But we are all well again & were able to go to church today!
Emma wanted a shorter skirt. She chose material with lots of white daisies on a light blue background. This pattern is just 8 strips of material sewn together with a slight flare. It is an elastic waist because I don't do zippers. We added cotton lace along the bottom to finish it off.
Livvy chose material with multi-colored spring flowers on a navy blue background. There are tons of yellow, light pink, dark pink, light purple, and dark purple flowers. She wanted a simple two piece pattern with lots of "twirl". She likes her skirts long with just an elastic waist (not that she had a choice anyway). We added cotton lace along the bottom, too.
Kara and Emma wanted the same daisy material. However, their skirt styles are different. Kara chose a two piece pattern that had the material angled diagonally. Why? I don't know. But it was fun to do! She likes her skirts longer, just between Emma's & Livvy's length. She chose the same heart patterned cotton lace as her sisters to put around the bottom.
Brynn's picture didn't turn out very well. We'll have to try again the next time she wears this outfit. She actually got to wear her skirt on the Spring Weekend. She and her dad were the only ones not sick & able to go to church. Her skirt is full of yellow and orange-ish daffodils. She's all for long skirts as well. Her pattern is just a two piece, elastic waist, with plenty of length and lots of loose & "roomy" material. Very refreshing! Her cotton lace is a bit wider than her sisters and has flowers instead of hearts in it.
We can't pass up the opportunity to take a picture of the twins together! But I love it because you can see their style differences. Their personalities are similar, but they each have their own style!
I had fun making our skirts! Yes, I made one for myself as well. Mine is multi-colored tulips on a pastel green background. I took a selfish (prideful) moment at church today to admire the display of fun skirts all down the row of our bench. I love my girls! What would I ever do if we had a boy? I know. I'd get him a DVD like his dad instead of a skirt! Terry & I are so blessed!!
I love spring!!
5 comments:
You know what Tif, you and your girls really did look awesome! It was so nice to see and talk with Kara a little. She gave me a hug. I miss teaching those girls! You are amazing and I loved the skirts!
FUN! You're so good to make your girls skirts! So crafty! Good Job! They are getting sooooo tall! Goodness. Are you coming down at all this yr?
Wow. Brynn is almost as tall as you are! That is awesome!!!
What a fun thing to do for your kids. This is the kind of thing they'll always remember. I loved the skirts, too. Very pretty and bright. Not like today's hail. :)
Laura
You guys looked lovely!
Post a Comment