Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snowman Family

This is my Snowman Family.  Kind of Christmasy colors, but I wanted them to look "winterish" to have them out all season long.  So I chose darker shades of red & green and added the grey to help tone it down as well.  I thought the Snow Woman's  hat pattern was too plain (replica of her hubby), so I added the frilly edge to it.

I inserted a wide mouth jar lid in the bottom of each snowman & then stuffed them.  This helped them stand up much better than with just the stuffing.  The pattern designer is so smart to suggest that!

This pattern was designed by Aline Suplinskas.  The pattern called for finished sizes of  12.5" & 12".  MY Finished sizes are 10" for the husband and 9" for the wife.  I think the my babe is about 2.5".  I used a softer texture yarn than the pattern called for so that may be a factor in the size difference.

Anyway, on to the next!  Anyone have a fun Valentine pattern?

No comments: