Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stinky Beach!

It was a perfect day, around 80 degrees! So after a brief visit to the Poe-dunk library, the squirrels thought it would be a great idea to play on the playground that's next to the water.



I think it was a coverup for what they REALLY wanted to do: Play on the "Stinky Beach"!!

So being the extremely nice & encredibly awesome mom that I am (wink wink!), I agreed. It really was a gorgeous day!
[I have no idea why all of this part is underlined & doing everything I don't want it to do. GRRR!]





They went straight to the rocks & water! They love to look for sea shells & peek under the rocks for small crabs.


It's not the best water for wading. It's full of gross, smelly green stuff. But the squirrels don't care!



Look!! Found some tiny crabs! This is a black one that Munchy & some of her friends found.
This small, light brown one is a "side walker". Ha-ha-ha, they tickle!





Bri found the shell with barnacles on the inside of it. That black crab probably feels right at home.









A common find is crab carcasses. The seagulls love to pick out their innards & leave the rest for my girls to play with. Even their friends enjoyed playing with them!




















Bri found the carcass of a Spider Crab! Sooo cool!













If the squirrels are lucky, they can find a sand dollar or two!





We saw a lot of our friends at the beach. It was a great day for everyone to be out enjoying the sunshine! A fantastic day to make a great memory!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been there to share the day with you. I remember that spot. It's a great place to collect sea shells and sand dollars. love you all Mema

John and Laura said...

Great title for your post! We have some pretty brave girls--holding all those icky carcasses. I can't even stand to hold the live ones. They wiggle and tickle and make me shudder.

Katrina, Kyle and Family said...

It looks like fun. Let us know next time you want to do some exploring my girls are always game!

TandKWaterfall said...

Cool time at the beach huh. Looks like you all had a great time. See ya soon.