We have had a TON of snow here! The last 2 days of school, before winter break, were cancelled (3 for Olivia). Terry was sent home from work early one day, started late the next, and then was given today completely off! Church was cancelled this past Sunday as well. I've never seen it snow this much here! A few years ago, we invested in tire chains for our van. We only did it to be prepared for the snow through the passes between here and Utah during November & December. We've never had to use them..........till today......in NW Washington and only because we couldn't get back up our lane upon our return trip to Costco!
Emma took this picture from about half-way up the lane. We were stuck at the bottom, just off the paved road, by the tree branch that seems to be touching the ground. At least we don't have to look at all the leaves still on the ground that we've never managed to mow/rake up!
Not only can I change a flat tire, but I can put on chains, too!! I totally rock.
Terry is THE MAN, once again!
We did such a good job! WE rock.
We finally made it up the lane!
These chains are staying on until Christmas. Why? Because another storm is coming and we don't get snow plows in this part of the country. YEAH!!! (not) [unless you're a Squirrel!]
5 comments:
OH MY GOLLY! That is alot for you guys! Wow! I hate snow. SOOOOO wish we were in CA RIGHT NOW!! Or maybe i just wish life was cancelled here when it snows like it is up there!! LOL!
Oh my heck that is a lot of snow for you up there. I remember being there when it snowed last time like that the kids and i built snowmen. Congrats to both of you on putting the chains on.
Love,
Tawnya
You DO rock! Isn't it crazy?! But I suppose it's fun for the squirrels....ugh.
Have a very merry (although white) Christmas!
I can't believe all the snow you have. You have more than we do for once. I hope you are enjooying it since it doesn't happen very often. At least your chains were not a waste and now you know how to put them on. Your the woman!! I hope you have a great Christmas! We will talk to you sometime that day. I'm sorry they cancelled your Church Sunday. I can't imagine that ever happening here. I love you all. Have a fun day and take the time to play in the snow with your girls. teach them how to play goose goose. Love Mom
I'm glad I talked you out of the "Say no to crack" picture that Liv's got of me.
Post a Comment