Monday, February 16, 2009

The afghan is FINALLY finished!

A day or so after Christmas, I decided to try and follow a pattern and crochet an afghan.  I've only followed one other pattern before (baby mittens) and I felt up to the challenge.  I found a free pattern in the yarn section of Walmart.  I liked the style (not the colors they showed), so I picked out 3 colors that I liked.  I chose natural, lavender and plum.   It took me a couple of days to figure it all out.  I refused to call anyone to ask for help.   So I did the thing that we are always teaching our children to do, pray.  "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass".   I thought the angels would start singing when it all "clicked" in my head!!

I crochet on the "tight" side, so it isn't as wide as the pattern says it should be.  Next time I'll add more to the width.  My girls have been excited for me to finish it.  They all claimed to use it first!

This is as close of a shot I could get with my camera.  It's just one of the corners, showing the various colors and stitches.  I'm ready to start another one!!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Amazing...Awesome job, Tifany! Inspirational even. :)

John and Laura said...

beautiful! I love it.

Jori said...

Very pretty!! Way to go Tif! If you ever need help on that stuff, let me know - I'd be happy to come help ya out - and I'd only charge ya some cookie dough!! *wink*