Unlike the last afghan I made, this one is made by crocheting separate squares and then connecting them together. I thought it would be even easier than the first one I made. Wrong!
The squares WERE easy; it was the white boarder around each square that was much harder than I'd anticipated. This pattern called for just 6 squares. By the time I finished the boarder on the last square, I swore I would never make this afghan pattern again! Then I put all 6 squares together & saw how short my tight crocheting had made it. Grrrrrr! So I ate my words and crocheted another 3 squares. However, I was pleasantly surprised that by the end of the 7th square, it FINALLY all made sense!
I did my own boarder around the entire afghan. Nothing fancy. Just double, single, & slip stitches. But it is much more colorful than what the pattern called for. I love the purple strip!

Friday, March 27, 2009
My 2nd Afghan
I am thoroughly enjoying my new hobby! Though I miss playing the piano, it's just too much noise for me to handle right now. With home schooling, I always have kids home, so I have used crocheting as my escape from reality. It's something that's quiet and once the pattern is established, it doesn't take much brain power to accomplish. (usually)
Labels: Crochet
Crochet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome aphagan. I love it. You do such awesome work. When do i get one? Just kidding. The squirrels are getting so big.
Wow! I love the colors and pattern. Very pretty. 5 foot 6! Wow. Go Brynn!
Tif, your afghan is beautiful!! It's nice to have more than one thing to do that makes us happy and calms us down. You sure made it in record time. The pictures of your spring basket hunt were fun too.
Mema
Post a Comment