Sunday, May 24, 2009

All in a Days Work

What a beautiful day we had on Saturday!  It was perfect weather for cleaning out the gutters. We'd neglected the chore for 2 years and the poor gutters had turned into the Hoecherl Falls. But a hundred pounds or so of pine needles and stinky sludge and 5 huge yard garbage bags later, we had giddy gutters again. We actually heard them giggle in delight!  



We then progressed to the play area.  We haven't been as neglectful with it and so cleaning it up wasn't bad.  A clean play area always inspires the squirrels to pull out the sidewalk chalk and scooters.  

While Terry & I worked our "arses" off, the squirrels enjoyed an afternoon basking in the warm sun! But they deserved it. They helped me sweep, dust and vacuum the whole house that morning:)


There's nothing like the feeling of accomplishment after a hard days work.  A clean house, inside and out.  I think we're ready for summer!!!

1 comment:

Dari Orton said...

you could start a business called Giddy Gutters. . I like it.