Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Olivia!

Olivia turned 7 years old today!  She has been sooooo excited for today!  She picked out her own pre-made cake at Costco.  When a Brother in our ward saw us at the bakery, he came out to say hello.  He works there and offered to add Olivia's name to her cake.  She loved it!
We had everything ready:  gifts bought and wrapped, cake & mint ice cream sandwiches bought, dinner at McDonald's (I said "no" to Chucky Cheeze), but heaven forbid I check to make sure we had birthday candles!  Home emergency candles to the rescue!  They not only come in handy for power outages, but also for awesome birthday cake candles:)  Very memorable.


Awesome inferno!


And a bit more challenging to blow out.


Every squirrel wanted a specific portion of the cake.  
Olivia: a bee    Kara:  green stems    Emma: the sun's eyes     Brynn:  the pink flower


Olivia also wanted the blue flower.  So I cut that whole chunk of cake off and put it on it's own plate.  It's all hers!  The other squirrels were a bit jealous that she got such a huge piece all to herself.  But the rest of the left over cake is on 3 dinner plates!  

"Mom?  Can we have cake for breakfast tomorrow?"

"Sure!"   I'm just awesome that way.



2 comments:

Tina said...

Happy Birthday, Olivia!

We seem to always forget to check the candle supply too. I'll remember the emergency candles next time it happens. That's just awesome!

Amber said...

Fabulous!! Anna wants that cake for her birthday now. LOL!

p.s. It's is "Chuck E. Cheese" :) Love you!