Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Is Coming!

With Christmas on it's way, I was able to FINALLY sort through Halloween decorations that were still out.  I then put them and the Thanksgiving/Autumn decorations back up in the attic & pull down all the Christmas crap.  "Crap" is my word for "stuff" or "things".  I love most of our Christmas decorations and enjoy the look once it's all in place.


The girls all helped with decorating.  This year I wanted to try the tree in front of the window.  That meant moving the couch, which is awkward, but I think I can stand it for the month:)  I love having the tree there!  The girls did a great job decorating it and they plead with me to rearrange the red bows.  But I didn't do it until AFTER I took this picture.  So you get to see the original workmanship!


My mother-in-law made this Nativity set.  For years, she gave us another piece of the set for Christmas until the set was complete.  She is awesome with ceramics and painted every piece herself!


Traditional fireplace decor.  Elsy & Eli are lovin' it up there with Santa Clause (who, by the way, was also the creation of my mother-in-law).  The Snowmen in the middle of the hearth say "Let It Snow" across the front. Mother-in-law made that, too!


Advent Calendar House is a favorite at our house!  It holds candy, jewelry, toys, and any other small prize I can come up with.  The ceramic tree stump is out all year long.  It holds 3 ceramic characters on it and can change for each holiday or season.  Guess who made it???   Yep, my mother-in-law!  Told you she was awesome:)


The grand piano is holding the Jingle Bells Reindeer this year.  Aren't they cute?!  Yah, we have our own ceramic maker.  The snowmen and penguins are ceramic, too.  However,  they were made by my sister-in-law years ago.  She's awesome, too.  But only 2 awesomes.  (not that I'm counting)  Mother-in-law is 22 awesomes.


The upright piano gets the village.
Sorry people, these were all store bought!


See how green & sunny it is outside?  I love those kind of Christmas's the bestest!
SAY NO TO SNOW!

4 comments:

Tina said...

So festive! Your tree looks great in the window.

No Snow! No snow!

Amber said...

YEAH! LOOKS GREAT!! I am with you on the snow part! Got foot and a half here with highs in the high TEENS!! EWW! I'll gladly send some snow to you if you want......

Kyle and Marci said...

It looks awesome! You make me laugh! I hate to be cold but I do want snow, it makes it more holiday-ish! Have a Merry Christmas you guys!

John and Laura said...

Beautiful! I love Christmas decorations.

But as for your no-snow policy, I'd have to agree with the snowmen on your hearth. Sorry.

Merry Christmas!