A friend asked me if I could make these head wraps that she found for sale on a website. She sent me a picture of them. (Shown below) They were selling for $14.99 each.

I didn't have a pattern, so I went on the hunt. I love free patterns! I found a pattern & made slight alterations with it and came up with this:
It is supposed to cover the tops of the ears & buttons in the back. I made 3 button holes for sizing purposes. The daisy flower is another free pattern I found on the internet.
Livvy wanted a purple rose with a yellow middle on a dusty pink head wrap.
Emma was one of my models for this one. This brown head wrap was the first one I made. It, too, has the rose sewn onto it.
Kara didn't want her wrap to cover her ears, so I didn't make it as wide. She chose a loopy flower with various shades of brown. Love it!
With more practice, I decided to glue each flower to hair clips that can be clipped right onto the head wraps. This way, the girls can interchange them to match outfits or be more festive.
By the time I got to Kara's wrap, Brynn suggested using snaps instead of buttons. She's so smart. I didn't even know they made bigger snaps! They are much easier to fasten, not to mention the time I save on skipping the button hole steps.
It costs about $3.00 to make one wrap. The flowers cost just a bit less. It's a far cry from $14.99!
A big THANK YOU to my friend for the challenge! It was a lot of fun!
7 comments:
You should TOTALLY sell those! They are a huge hit right now! Awesome!!
No way...THANK YOU! I can't sing your praises enough! My girls love them! I love that brown flower and the interchangeable/seasonal flowers are pure genious!
These are all so cute. congrats on getting them done:)
I would sell these, Amber! How about $5 for just the head wrap and $3 for a flower? I'm not a business woman, so I don't know if this is too cheap. What do you think?
I want one!!!!! you are very talented Tif! Kudos! hope you and your family are doing well. and I hope Olivia isn't taller then me yet! ha ha love you guys!
Tif, I want a grey one with the white daisy on it. My sister is totally into these things and would love it.
You have serious skills with a crochet hook! And yours are much cuter that the others.
Post a Comment