After I finished the Snowman Family, I told myself that I would slow down on my crocheting & spend more time on the piano, guitar, and in the gym. Well, I found myself going nuts at night with nothing to work on, even after spending time with my music. The gym thing? Still a work in progress. I made it there twice this week, which is 2 more times than EVER BEFORE! Monday will be a new week:)
I can't find anything fun to make for Valentine's Day. So I went on to St. Patrick's Day. I made this Leprechaun. His body is supposed to be stuffed by placing a roll of toilet paper up his "butt". But since we have big butts at this house, we have super size rolls and poor St. Patrick just couldn't handle it. So he's stuffed with the traditional Fiberfill Stuffing.
I added a 4 Leaf Clover and yellow buckle to his hat. His beard is made with curly yarn. I think the brand is Lion. It's not what the pattern called for, but I thought it would be more fun to look at. I also added eyebrows. He looked so funny without them! I find myself changing the patterns a bit for my own personal touch:)
St. Patrick's pot of gold. The pattern didn't call for the clover, buckle, or pot of gold. But what's a leprechaun without gold? So I made another hat & added a different finishing edge, turned it upside down & threw in his gold. This also helps him sit up better, as I attached it to his belly. I found the gold coins at Joanne's.
MY idea of a "pot of gold"!
Door Hanger
I really need white doors!!! Again, I added the clover to the hat to spice it up a bit. I also lightly stuffed the hat and chose not to hang it with wire. Did I mention I hate loud door hangers?
3 comments:
Out of control! I love him but I'll take the chocolate. :)
he is so cute. love the diet coke in the pot of gold. love tawnya
I love it!! He is so cute.
Post a Comment