Saturday, November 13, 2010

Crochet Fun

I've kept busy crocheting consistently throughout the summer & fall.  I crocheted during our trip down to Utah in June.   It started with a Rainbow Bear for Sarah.  She was so excited for the finished product I never was able to take a picture of it.  It's just like the twins, except the ears & paws are yellow and the muzzle is orange (I think).  So here's another shot of Emma's & Kara's Rainbow Bear:

Then Emmy asked for a Lady Bug to match the colors of her room.  Colorful, huh?!
 
Nick, Nathan, & Michael asked for a Penguin, Doggie, and a Lion.  Obviously Michael's is still in the works, but I have Nick's & Nathan's finished!  


I made a few new decorations for the Halloween spirit.  Two Tombstones and a fun ghost.  The pumpkin is not crocheted, it's the real thing:)  I also started a Skeleton, but have not yet finished that.  *Sigh*  Michael's Lion & my Skeleton are in need of attention!



Brynn played on her Jr. High Volleyball team.  She took her clothes/shoes with her everyday to school in a Walmart sack.  I asked her if she'd like a crocheted bag for her stuff.  She quickly said yes and asked for it in her school colors.  She also chose the style of bag.  I used a pattern from a book I have.  Of course I made alterations!  I should have taken a picture of the inside of the bag.  I created my own inner seam to sew a lining to and it isn't visible on the outside of the bag.  Brynn also wanted her last name on it.  I had nothing but graph paper for a pattern.  I had to make it up as I went.  
There were a few people at her school that wanted a bag, too.  When Brynn told them the price ($50 + $2 per letter) they all declined.  I guess they all think it's great to spend almost $30 for a Volleyball sweatshirt, but NO WAY for a handmade bag with hours of work put into it for another $20.  Crazy.
Isn't she HOT!

1 comment:

TandKWaterfall said...

love all your projects. they turned out so cute:)