Saturday, November 13, 2010

Livvy's Baptism Day

As I was looking back at previous posts, I realized what a horrible mom I have been.  It's November and I have yet to post about Olivia's Baptism!!  Shame on me!  So I am in the repentance process and striving to come clean again.  Uh-hem....


What better way to celebrate your 8th Birthday than to fly to Utah & spend it with your entire family?  School got out for the year on June 18th.  We drove to the airport & arrived in Utah that evening.  The following day was Olivia's 8th Birthday.  She wanted to be baptized in Utah.  Obviously, we took Ellie with us.  We all love her to death!  One of Livvy's first "baptism" pictures is with her on her lap:)

Aren't they cute!

 Tradition dictates one's own quad, a CTR ring, and a baptism dress.
 Why the blind fold?  Tradition!!!  When getting baptized, mom buys the dress.  Olivia had to try it on blind folded.  She can't see it until her baptism day!  On the special day, she is again blind folded while being dressed.  Once she's all ready, the blind fold came off & she could see and feel the "magic"!
She also had a beautiful headband to top "her highness" off:)  
She was baptized & confirmed by her dad on June 26, 2010.

No comments: