I read a lot of my family & friends' blogs and I'm determined to post an update on my own. However, there won't be any pictures. But then again, it's been such a busy couple of months, there hasn't been time to really do much outside of school work and church callings. Terry's keeping (or being kept) busy with his Young Men's calling. He enjoys working with the other member of the presidency. "Other" is because one of the counselors moved last month & hasn't been replaced yet. So it's the YM President & Terry. Terry also gets the "opportunity" to be Scout Master. He's been on a few camp outs already and enjoys every minute of it. (insert sarcasm here!)
I still have the same calling (Primary President). I'm going on 2 and 1/2 years now. Although I have been frustrated more times than should be allowed, I still would rather be in Primary than anywhere else. I complain too much about the high turn over of teachers. I'm a murmur bucket when it comes to that. Well, I'm a murmur bucket on just about everything right now, but I'm trying to re-focus. It's hard when people keep leaving our state to go with their spouses to California or Japan, for months at a time. I think I'm the only spouse that chooses to stay here while "My Man" leaves to enjoy the foreign experiences alone. I tend to resent people when I learn of their plans to leave. Re-focus, re-focus. I've written my 3rd Primary Program & we are going to be doing it this Sunday. I can't wait till it's over!! It's been put off a few weeks and has seemed to drag out forever. The kids will do great, no doubt. These kids are the best! There are a few who have never wanted to do a speaking part before. But this year, every one of those kids have willingly learned their part. It's amazing to me how much they have learned and grown! I have watched all of the children learn & grow over the past 2 and 1/2 years. Of course, they have the best teachers who love them & teach them!
School. Not much to say about that right now. My murmur bucket "runneth over" with this subject. I never liked school as a kid, I don't like it any better as a mom. When I tried to get the twins to drop out of school last week, I knew I'd lost it. They're in 4th grade. Yep, it was a long week. But they didn't drop out. Crazy girls. I would have so jumped on that suggestion when I was in school! Of course, last year, I tried to get Brynn to just take a zero on a project because there was so little time to get it done & it was stressing both of us out. I have come to a conclusion......I just don't understand & probably never will understand why school work is so necessary. Usually I can imagine myself in someone else's shoes and see their point of view. I've tried that with schooling. For years!!! I just don't see it. It eludes me. How am I supposed to be a better mom when I can't "get it"? In the mean time, I'm looking into Home Schooling. (Remember, I told you that I'd "lost it" last week.) Oh, and I also said that I didn't have much to say about school right now. Hmmmm.......I lied! I could go on forever, but I'll spare you all & I'll try to do myself a favor by holding my tongue.
One thing that would help fix the gazillion holes in my murmur bucket would be to win the lottery. I could pay for private tutors AND a housekeeper AND a cook. Then I would be free to soak in a hot bath while reading a good book! Doesn't that sound heavenly? But since I've never even bought a lottery ticket & don't plan on doing it any time soon, reality bites & I have to try harder to roll with it. Wish me luck!
5 comments:
Sounds fun Tif! Who moved out of the ward that was in the Y.M. We miss home so much. Instead of resenting us... you could just pack up and come down here! ;)
You are awesome Tif and amazing. You are so strong! I would miss my husband but I have to admit, I would love sleeping in a big king size bed all alone too. Maybe for just a couple of nights! Ha
As for the lottery, I keep thinking someone will just leave a winning lottery ticket under my door. Wishful thinking!!
I'm gald you're still here! LOL! I'm planning on emailing you back.... anna has pneumonia. Just found out yesterday. Almost went into hospital. it's been nuts.
I'm glad you are back on the blog. I love your murmer bucket honesty. We all have them. Keep up with your kids school work even though you don't get it, I know you might not ever get it. Just remember your seventh grade lecture from me. They need school! I'm glad they are commited to it. Treat yourself to a hot bath and a good book every time you help them with their home work cause you certainly earn it!!! Love you all. Mom
I love you, Tif!! Thanks for murmuring. I've missed you! How long will Terry be gone?
Is it bad that your murmuring makes me laugh? So primary is the best place, huh...is this a change of tune I hear? Kidding...I love primary too. But I totally agree with the insanity of people coming and going and coming again. Makes your job tough! But you do a fantastic job!
School...um...holding my tongue, too.
Post a Comment