The following is a list of responsibilities that I (mom) do on any given day:
Home School sessions from 9:30 a.m.-Noon and 1-3:30 p.m.
Laundry
Lunch
Dishes
Make dinner (if we're lucky!)
Dishes
Family Scripture/Prayer
Rotate squirrels through baths/showers
Brynn works on homework
Get Brynn to & from YW Volleyball
Get the twins to & from Girls Activity Days
Occasional Saturday playdates for twins (a product of guilt that accompanies home schooling)
Family Home Evening
Sweep & Vacuum (first I have to take it apart to see why the brush isn't spinning, again. GRRRR!)
Costco grocery shopping
Port Orchard store runs (Walfart, Freddie's, etc..)
Walks (for P.E. credit as well as trying to get my lazy carcass to even register on the "in shape scale")
Take twins to the Academy clubs every Tuesday morning
Bills
Primary Sharing Time
Finding a Sunbeam Substitute every week (sometimes it's just easier to teach them myself)
Ward Council Meeting once a month
Presidency/Cookie Meetings every other week
Monthly less active Primary visits
Leadership Meeting (on the 25th of Jan.)
Primary Quarterly Activity (that was on Jan. 10th)
Primary business emails
Read through home school lessons every night for next day's preparation
Sort recycle bucket crap
Take garbage out to the garbage can
Haul the stinky cans down the lane to the street every Sunday night (I HATE doing this!)
Sunday night treats
Play the role of drill sargeant for "clean up" times with the squirrels.
Somewhere in between all of that I usually manage to take care of my needs:
Pee
Wash face
Brush Teeth
Pee again
Get dressed (optional with home schooling pajama days)
Eat
Drink a Diet Coke
Pee some more
Work on my crochet afghan
Read
Drink a Diet Coke
I almost forgot to do my hair! (If I haven't done it by now, why bother?)
Email Terry & friends/family
Pee once more (did I ever mention that my favorite thing about Fast Sunday is how little time I waste by having to pee?)
Blog
Email Terry & friends/family
Personal Scripture/prayer
EXTRA'S NECESSARY BY JANUARY 28TH:
Wash walls and ceilings of all bedrooms, including guest room
Wash/dust all bedroom ceiling lights and furniture
Wash all curtains (except mine. I already did those!)
Vacuum floors
Mop all non-carpet floors throughout the house
Buy paint for all bedroom walls (yellow, greens, pinks, blues, brown)
Buy wall stickers for bedroom walls (multi colored squares)
Buy all necessary supplies to accomplish all tasks listed above
De-junk bedrooms, including wardrobes (no dumpster diving allowed girls!)
Buy extra boxes of tissue for the girls' mourning needs over the de-junking process
Buy LOTS and LOTS of Diet Coke! (and maybe a port-a-potty, too)
7 comments:
Um....thanks for bringing Tori home last night....:)
You are one busy woman!
Can I ask why Jan 28th?? And would you accept help?
Mom's really are sooo lazy!
How do you like the home-schooling? You are awesome! Kyla would love it if I home-schooled her. She loved going in San Diego and she hates going here. You are awesome Tif!
Hugs!!!
So, that's it?! Seriously?! WHAT ABOUT MAKING COOKIE DOUGH!!!! :)
Love your blog. This is so great. I really enjoyed reading this one too.
You crack me up. And you forgot sleep. Or have you given up on that activity?
Can I teach Sunbeams this Sunday? Alisa would love it! ... at least I think she would...
What I want to know is...why isn't your husband doing the trash stuff? :) Love your blog! Miss you!
wow mom that makes you look buisy!!
Post a Comment