Friday, January 9, 2009

Never Say Never

There are many things we all say we'll never do.  Some of them are worthy "never's" such as:

I'll never try cigarettes, alchohol, drugs, coffee, etc....
I'll never watch inappropriate movies
I'll never read inappropriate books or magazines
I'll never kill anyone, including my children
I'll never steal or lie


Other "never's" are further down the list like:

I'll never go Pumpkin Smashing
I'll never do donuts at the church parking lot after a good snow storm
I'll never allow my under age friend try to drive my "stick" car
I'll never allow my under age friend stop my car by running into a brick mailbox
I'll never have the opportunity to play with an orchestra
I'll never like boys, they stink
Therefore, I'll never date a guy unless he's a returned missionary 
But then again, I'll never get married before the age of 25
I'll never have more than 3 kids, let alone twins
I'll never move away from my family


Needless to say, that has all come to pass.  But then there are even bigger "never's" that I thought I'd never even consider, let alone live through.  These are the more difficult ones:

I'll never enjoy living outside of Utah
I'll never have the courage or ability to teach a Relief Society lesson with less than 20 minutes notice.
I'll never be able to prepare an FHE lesson without totally stressing out
I'll never see 153 lbs when I stand on the scale
I'll never gain the weight back after seeing 153 lbs. on the scale
I'll never serve in Primary, except as a pianist, of course.  If I did, I would then break the "I'll never kill anyone" promise.
I'll never allow my girls to quit piano lessons
I'll never be able to love other peoples' children (sometimes it IS questionable, though!)
I'll never allow my kids to take the bus to school
I'll never be able to home school my kids, again the "never kill anyone-including my children"
I'll never want anymore kids.  After all, I'd never have more than 3!
I'll never know what to do if I blow a tire on my car
I'll never consider adopting a baby girl
I'll never skip a day of shaving my legs  (it's been almost a week!)

At this point in my life, I have learned to Never Say Never.   It always comes back to bite you in the butt!

5 comments:

Amber said...

AAAMMMMMEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!! Love it! Good job!! Sounds like you are doing GREAT!! :) I owe YOU an email now.... Love you!

Anonymous said...

Tif are you thinking of adopting a baby now? The rest I have heard and doesn't surprise me. But then nothing you do would surprise me to much in that area. I think it would be great! You always did come up with fun things to do. Can't wait to see you.

TandKWaterfall said...

Love it love it. Sounds like you are doing great. Love you much.

Tina said...

You're awesome, Tifany! I guess that's what life's all about...doing stuff we never thought we would.

(Um..What happens if that baby turns 2? ;) )

John and Laura said...

This is why they say to "make all your words sweet, for someday you may have to eat them." argh! You're amazing, Tifany. When I grow up I want to be just like you (except for the part about Primary Pres.)