Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Girls Basketball


Every spring, Brynn, Emma & Kara play basketball.  This year, Brynn's age group didn't have enough coaches for all of the teams.  So guess who takes pity on the beloved "boss" of the SKYAA League?   Me.   


I wish I had a waist like that!  I couldn't find a picture of a woman with a *"boobie-do".  But the facial expression seems appropriate because this is how I want to appear to the opposing teams!  I can fake it, right?


I've never coached basketball before.  It's been so long since my Young Women's Basketball era, I don't remember how we were even taught to play.  I need some help!!    I would love to hear back from anyone who has suggestions on how to run a basketball practice.  (NO LADDERS ALLOWED!   I hate those.)   How do I teach defense, offense, and team work?  Because the "boss" knows I've not coached before, expectations are not high.  

So what have I got to lose?    





Just my sanity.



*Definition of "boobie-do":  When your tummy sticks out further than your boobies do!



5 comments:

Tina said...

Ha!

You have nothing to loose...because you must already be insane to take this on. :)

Sorry no tips. Just a stunned look. You must be superwoman or something.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time being coach. You will do awesome.

Amber said...

Glad you put that definition up to clarify for people! LOL!! Good Luck being a coach!! How fun!! Ladders are ok for the girls! YOU don't have to do them. :)

Anonymous said...

I bet you will have more fun than you can imagine. You will do a great job & most of all the kids you coach will learn that basket ball is fun fun fun!!!

John and Laura said...

Wow. the thought of coaching anything makes me a little sick to my stomach. Good luck.

"boobie-do"--you're hilarious.