There are times in your life that are pivotal; where you categorize your memories and experiences by thinking, "Before I was married..." or "after the twins were born...." or "when I lived in Missouri....", etc. My serving as a Primary President is one of those pivotal phases in my life. Being a mom, one assumed I knew how to be with children, teach them, and actually enjoy them. I tend to be a not-so-fun mom and I had to really learn how to get on their level and have fun with it. I think I made progress! It was hard work, but fulfilling at the same time.
I have been blessed with special friendships through this calling. I couldn't have progressed as much without them. I am grateful to all those who choose to accept callings in the gospel. Not only do they learn and progress, they allow others to do the same in a unique way.
I'm relieved, yet I feel a bit of sorrow in my heart. I love the children, leaders, and teachers I have worked so closely with. I will miss the many blessings and promptings that come with such a calling. It never ceased to amaze me how much He lead and guided me in every little thing concerning the primary. I leaned on Him heavily, which is one of the great blessings and lessons I learned throughout the whole experience.
I will now serve in a bit of a more familiar calling: Choir Pianist. Ta-duh! (singing) I bet you didn't see that one coming:) It is a calling I've had a few times in the past, but it is one that I still look forward to serving in. I will be responsible for just me! Weird. And it'll get me to the piano more often. I'm looking forward to that. Two beautiful pianos are in dire need of being tickled!
To La Presidente:
You are ready for this. Maybe you don't think you are, but He knows you are. You will step up and hit a home run! I hope you learn to enjoy it as much as I did. Remember, I didn't like other people's kids when I was called:) I like some of them now!! Even the boys! You have a great presidency that will support you and love you. You are an amazing woman who is willing to do what He asks of you. You will be blessed! Congratulations, and know that I will support you more than anyone else! Put me on the substitute list:)
4 comments:
Beautifully stated! Tif you were awesome! I am happy for you in your next phase of your life. Good job and a well done 3 years and cheers to being you! That was wonderful advise even to me who doesn't have that calling but who does want to serve Heavenly Father to the best of my ability. Love ya
Tif, you were an awesome Primary pres. I loved talking to you throughout this time and learning about blessings you were seeing through your calling. I remember talking to you right after you were called, and I can see myself in how freaked out you were at that time. Thanks for your sweet words. I appreciate your support and will definitely rely on you. Thank you!
Oh my! It did happen, huh? You are awesome for sure! Glad you even learned how to like some of the 'boys' in there! :) You crack me up! Glad you'll be on the piano a bit more too.... i miss hearing you play.
Tifany,
You are awesome! I am SO going to miss you in primary! You have no idea, especially your candor. You just make me laugh. You've done a fantastic job! The kids love you and are really going to miss you, too. Luckily, you aren't leaving very far. You do realize the piano is just a "break" calling, right? ;) Enjoy it!
Post a Comment