I used to have long hair when I was little & I often wore it in two braids. So I wanted a girl elf with soft, long, dark brown braids. I used Simply Soft Caron Chocolate yarn. Love that yarn! It took me a few tries (days) of experimenting to figure out how to crochet long strands into a hair piece. Once that was accomplished, I found I needed a "part" down the center back of her hair to complete the braids. It's a good thing I sewed her hat on her head so that you can't see the mistakes and struggles I had. But in the end, it all came together! I think I need to add ribbon bows to each end of her braids, though. Elsy's hair was the most challenging AND my favorite part of making her.
I wanted all of the trimming of her shoes, arms, and hat to be different than the main color. So to help brighten her up I chose white. I thought it would be fun to add bells to her shoes, too! I crochet so tight that I decided to make her buttons bigger than Eli's. Then I found scrap Christmas varigated yarn to make her hat pom-pom. It too, is bigger than Eli's. Next time I'll make it smaller. With Elsy's head of hair, she tends to be a bit more "top heavy".
Eli and Elsy
1 comment:
i love them! so cute.
Post a Comment