Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quiet Door Decor

I have a few Christmas Door Hangers that are made from wood.  They're very cute & I love hanging them on our doors.  But by the time Christmas comes, I'm glad to take them off because I am annoyed at how much the bang around every time the door is opened or closed.   So when I saw this Turkey Door Hanger to crochet, I wanted to try it.  And guess what?  


SSHHHHHHHHHHHHH...... It's Quiet!!


Since making a few holiday decorations, I decided to try a couple more book marks.

The Cherry book mark was a PAIN.  It looks very festive, though.  It reminds me more of mistletoe than cherries.  The cherries made me swear in my head more times than I can count.  Let's just say it's a one timer unless someone pays me to make them one:)
The Sunflower bookmark was quite easy.  I finished it in about an hour and a half.  I learned a couple new stitches.  So next time I should be able to whip it out in a half hour.  The colors are more pale than I was looking for.  But it just gives it a softer look.   It's one of my favorites!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the turkey. you are so talanted. love tawnya

Tina said...

I've got wood banging on my door, too. But it's all how you look at it. For me it's a daily reminder of the season I love.

Amazing turkey!