Kara was nervous, but she bit the bullet & willingly played her solo. She didn't even hesitate on her way up to the chair. She was so swift & sure that she was half way through "Jingle Bells" before I could even start recording! So of course, I didn't get it. But she played again for me at home so that I could record it. Now I just have to convert it in order to blog it. I'm just not getting it done fast enough:(
Not only did she do her guitar solo, she learned a few chords so that she could be part of the accompaniment for the Sing Along at the end of the night.
For the Sing Along, she played Silent Night, Jingle Bells, and Jingle Bell Rock. Yah, Kara ROCKS!!!
Kara loves her teacher, Mrs. Haggarty! She used to substitute in the public schools for the music classes.
She's amazing with the kids and has great incentive programs they enjoy.
Kara was so happy and proud of herself for accomplishing such a hurdle. She even SMILED for me to take a couple of pictures! That's almost unheard of for her:) I haven't seen her countenance sparkle like this before, so I know that she's enjoying every minute of it!
Kara is so totally AWESOME!
(Movie footage coming soon)
2 comments:
Way to go, Kara, Guitar Hero! Pretty soon you'll be accompanying primary songs. :)
Gushing parents are one of my favorite things!
Good job Kara-bo!!!
Love, Dad!!
Post a Comment