Monday, November 17, 2008

Memory

As Livvy & I were going to lunch, I asked her about her morning at school.   She said, "We played "Super Heroes" at recess.  It was so much fun!!" 

I asked what she did during class time.  She said, "I colored a number chicken picture.  Number 7 was brown, and 8 was yellow.  Number 6 was red.  Hmmmm...what other numbers' were there?  Oh yeh!  Number 9 was green and number 10 was...............oh, I can't remember!!!  Oh wait, number 10 was blue."

By this time I finally figured out what she meant by a "number chicken picture"  I was thinking about which number could possible be made into a chicken.  Silly me.  It was a color-by-number picture of a chicken.

"Wow!" I said.  "You remember all those numbers & colors?" 

"Yep!"

"That's amazing.  I couldn't have remembered all of that. You have a GREAT memory!"  I said.

She said, "Yeh, like when  you were talking to Amber and I fell in the toilet."

I busted up laughing.  That toilet memory is from when she was 2, maybe just 3 years old!  But she was right.  My sister, Amber, and I were talking on the phone.  I knew Livvy was in the bathroom (she had been potty trained by this time), and was waiting for her to tell me when she was finished in there.  Next thing I hear is Livvy screaming.  I hung up on Amber & ran to the bathroom.  There was Livvy, feet, arms and head flailing above the toilet seat with tears running down her face.   Being the unsympathetic mom that I am, I giggled out loud as I pulled her out!  Such a fond memory!

Terry & I are frequently amazed at how far back and how accurate Livvy's memories are.  This is just one of the many times she randomly blurts out her memorable experiences.   I thought this is one that might bring a smile to those who read it!


4 comments:

Dari Orton said...

HAHA! I can just picture it! That made me laugh really hard! What makes it even funnier is that in my head its your head on this little body stuck in the toilet! Bahaha!

Tifany said...

MY Head?!?!? Just remember I used to tend you when YOU were a baby!

Tina said...

She is one smart little girl!

John and Laura said...

If you were REALLY an unsympathetic mom, you would have gotten a picture of her in the toilet. Too funny.