Friday, August 7, 2009

Boating

The day after we arrived in Utah, Joey & Stacia took us boating. The kids rode in the 3 man water tube and had a blast!



I went out on the boat with Brynn, Terry, Sally, and Joey. Brynn wanted to try the knee board. She's never even been water skiing! Joey showed her how do get on and stay on. On her third try, she did it! She even stayed on while struggling with the velcro strap that secures her legs. She's awesome!!


Brynn was so inspiring, I decided to jump in fully clothed and try the board, too. There's no video of my 3 attempts. I just flopped all over the water like a stupid whale, allowing myself to get beat up while hoping that I could get my knees up from under my boobie-do. It was a vain hope. I never made it all the way up to my knees. I have nicely bruised ribs on my right side to remind me of how fat and out of shape I am!




Apparently, Terry didn't fare any better than me.
Terry & I are now walking 4 days a week together.
We hope to be in better shape next summer.


Sally braved the tube! Lookin' good!



Thanks for the fun day, Joey & Stacia!

2 comments:

Amber said...

LOL! Brynn ROCKS it! You.... well, good try! LOL! are your ribs any better??

girls said...

i got up on the second try mom

--brynn