Brynn took this picture from the van as we were moving down Bangerter Hwy.
As we were walking toward the temple, I stopped to take a picture.
Then I noticed this sign. Oops! I'm such a rebel. Luckily there weren't many people around us. Actually, there weren't ANY. It was 8:30 on a Tuesday morning. I thought the sign was kind of funny. Who wouldn't want to stop and gawk at the awesome Temple?
This would be such a great picture if there weren't all the tents in the background. I love how the sun is just behind the spire.
If you look closely at the trumpet arm, you'll see a bit of discoloration. The poor guy got zapped by lightening last month. Some minor plastic surgery is in the makings, so I hear.
Mema went with us to the Open House.
There were plenty of people working the temple grounds to take pictures for us!
This is another of Brynn's fly-by shots from the Hwy.
The sun was directly in front of us. It was difficult to keep our eyes open AND not squint. After a few takes and the wiping away of tears running down our faces, we were fairly successful.
I took this picture as we exited the grounds.
Yes, I stopped again. I'm getting pretty good at all this rebel stuff!
We are so glad that Mema was able to come with us!
It was such a wonderful experience and we'll remember it forever.
As we were driving to the Oquirrh Mt. Temple, we caught a close glimpse of it from the road. I was surprised to see how small it was. I didn't realize it was to be one of the smaller Temples. When I mentioned my surprise, Brynn matter-of-factly stated:
"Small temple, big purpose"
Our Eternal Family
5 comments:
I never comment on other peoples blogs I tink its a bit like window peeking...But that was just beautiful along with the pictures...you should be proud of your gift. Claudia
I love it! It was very calming yesterday in Sacrament! I really did feel the Spirit. I love these pics! I love that last one with the family! Love ya
Thank you for posting that recording. What a beautiful arrangement and a sweet Spirit it brought to Sacrament meeting. And my Sharing time was on temples, so it was perfect! :)
Sorry I missed it in sacrament meeting. We were in Canada. I really enjoyed it along with your lovely pictures of the temple. You are wonderful!
Thanks for the uplifting music. You were great! We were able to go through the Oquirrh Mountain Templ on July 17th with the kids. They were so reverent, unlike the kids ahead of us. It was a wonderful experience.
Post a Comment