"Your toilet is leaking under the house. It looks like it's been going on for a while. I need to wash my hands and arms and I need something to dry off with," Larry said. Larry didn't see a valve for the water line. As soon as he got wet and realized where it was coming from, he quickly removed himself. Gross! It's a good thing I was on his afternoon schedule and not his morning one.
So the fridge works, minus the water/ice cubes and $200 from our pocket. Toilet ring needs to be replaced. Until then, toilet water is shut off and an Out of Order sign is taped to the toilet lid. Terry was ecstatic with this wonderful news! He enthusiastically crawled under the house to investigate.
Meanwhile, I've had pizza and a Diet Coke and have to pee like a race horse. So I dutifully climb the stairs to use the bathroom. 90 seconds later I flush and wash my hands. Kara is Terry's messenger. She called for me. Feeling 10 pounds lighter and slightly uplifted, I galloped down the stairs.
Terry said, "Just found a much bigger problem!" The main pipe for drainage from the upstairs bathrooms is gushing water. It's a good thing he knows how to swim!
I turn to the squirrels and say, "If you need to pee, use the bushes outside!" We can't use the downstairs toilet and can't use the upstairs toilets or bathtubs. The squirrels didn't like that idea. But what to do?
I wish we had invested in one of these. It would be in full use right now. Hey, I think I remember our bishop getting one for Christmas......?
4 comments:
WOW!!!!!!!
Don't even know how to respond to all that! I'm soooooooooooo sorry. :(
Hang in there!
Love,
Korin
OH MAN! That is so not fun. But hilarious pictures. I'm glad you laught about it. But it's either laugh or cry, huh?
I wish our emergency toilet was that fancy. :)
Oh WOW!...... WOW! I can't even imagine! Way to go Terry!!!
We have an emergency toilet like that! I'd have loved to clean that bad-boy out after lending it to you! Glad it's all fixed. I loved the pictures in your post. Very clever.
Post a Comment