Friday, November 20, 2009

Eli the Elf

This is Eddie Eli the Elf.

Why the name change?  When I was first thinking of a name for him, I wanted to call him Eli.  I love that name!  But in the end I decided not to.  I should have.  His story is almost complete and because it begins in Jerusalem, he cannot reasonably have an American name.  By the way, Eddie means, "wealthy guardian".  It just doesn't work for the story!  In the Hebrew language, Eli means, "the Lord is my God".  Which, for his story, is absolutely perfect!

Eddie Eli sits at about 13 inches tall, excluding the hat.  His legs are about 14 inches long, including the shoes.  When his hat is straight, it measures just under 12 inches.  That includes the pom-pom I made & sewed on to the end.  The hat was a bit boring without one.  His only non-yarn accessory is his eyes.  They are supposed to be stitched on.  Hand stitching is NOT my forte.  It took me 5 tries to get his mouth halfway decent!  His hair was fun to learn how to make.  It only took me a couple of tries.  I know how to make a toupee now!  My favorite thing about Eddie Eli is his ears.  LOVE them!


Eddie Eli is a special elf.  He loves to serve others.  He wants to share his story with you.  He's currently writing it all down and making it just right for the holiday.  So stay tuned!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love him. He is so cute/ love TAWNYA