Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Livvy is the last of the squirrels to attend Kindergarten.   Waahooo!!   

She made it off the bus & is heading to class.  Here she comes, waving wildly & much higher than any other Kindergartener!  


She's so excited!!   After 2 consecutive years of Preschool, she is more than ready for Kindergarten.  Yes, she really is that much taller than any other kid.  I don't think she'll be at risk for being bullied!  

She was awesome at finding her own desk.  She sat right down & turned her attention to her teacher.  When it was time for them to say good-bye to the parents, she immediately looked at me & said, "Bye mom"!    She didn't even give me a second look.   Some mom's worry about their kids when they start Kindergarten.  Not me.  I shout for joy!!!    Then I go to McD's for breakfast.  It was yummy & soooooooooooo quiet!!!  And I didn't have ear plugs in either.


O.k., bus is late in bringing her home.  I'm passing the time by reading through 9 days' worth of mail.  At least it was pleasant outside & I enjoyed sitting in the sun without breaking into a sweat.   Where is the bus???   

There it is.  It's only 30 minutes late!   Livvy didn't seem to care.  She made it through the day and had a lot of fun.  She learned to read (so she says) and made a new friend (but she can't remember her friend's name).  

Whew!!  She sure looks tuckered out!  It was a great First Day of Kindergarten.

3 comments:

Mishqueen said...

I must say, I love how you tell the whole story with your photos! You must be thinking ahead to your blog to be taking pictures of the space where the bus hasn't come yet. :-) Oh, and by the way, I guess this makes me your blog stalker now, huh?

Mary W.

Tina said...

First day of school....how exciting!

30 minutes late!?! Yeah, good thing it was great weather yesterday...I would have been going out of my mind worrying.

Amber said...

HEY! You are old if all your kids are in school! HAHA! I was surprised how excited i was to have anna start pre-school this year. livvy is so fun! Enjoy your quiet time!!