Scrap Bargello
Design by: Diane Poellot
Finished Measurement: 55"x80"
Emma chose her colors: lemonade, grape, mango, watermelon, limelight, & blue mint. I learned how to do treble stitches. The other stitches in this pattern are single crochet, half double crochet, & double crochet. Instead of using a size H hook, I used size J.
Just a tad bigger to help make up for my tight crocheting.
This was a fun pattern because of the diversity of stitches used as well as the fun, bright colors Emma chose. I also liked not having to do a border around the entire blanket at the end. The pattern called for a finished border for the first & last rows only.
Stitches were crocheted in the back loop of each stitch to create the detailed ripples. Each row took about 21 minutes. But that's if I'm not talking to anyone. I struggle to crochet & yak at the same time. After every 12 inches I crocheted, I'd then hide the strands on the ends of each row.
That took me about an hour.
Emma is thrilled with her blanket!
Quick & Easy Scrap Designs Book purchased from Annie's Attic
(I couldn't find it again to post the link. Sorry.)
No comments:
Post a Comment