Monday, October 5, 2009

Olivia's Birthday Blanket 2009

Harvest of Color 
Designed by Darla Fanton


Finished Measurement:  43"x61"


Livvy's was the first birthday blanket (June).  It's smaller than I would have liked, but I am still just learning how to do afghans.  Livvy chose the colors: limelight, grape, & watermellon.


The new stitch I learned is called a cluster.  It was the hardest one for me to learn.  I struggled for weeks to figure it out.  My good friend, Jori, took pity on me & showed me how to do it.  It's not really a hard stitch, the pattern instructions were lacking information.  I also chose my own border.  Actually, Livvy was quite adamant about how she wanted it.  So I did a single crochet stitch, shells, and a slip stitch.


Olivia really likes her blanket!


(I couldn't find a link for this pattern.  Sorry!)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Love Livvy's blanket!! Love the stitch and the colors!! Very cute! They ALL turned out sooooo cute! They definitely show their personalities! GREAT JOB TIF!!!!

Tina said...

Yep! Definitely the crochet queen. Love the colors. I love how each one is personalized for each girl! You are Super Mom!