Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What To Do? (Part 2)

Since my posting of What to Do? (Part 1), I've actually accomplished quite a bit from that list.  I now have a dining room corner that is totally "Home School" free!    I have also attacked over half of my mending pile on my sewing machine.  I'm down to just one pair of pants left.   I have been able to learn more on Kara's guitar and I've chosen a medley to learn on the piano.  Very satisfying.  Terry took pity on me and mowed the lawn yesterday.  It looks awesome!

So here's a continued list I'm working on for the next couple of weeks:

Clean out the rain gutters.  O.k., I already did this like a month ago and it only took me one hour!  It's amazing how much faster it goes when everything is dry & not yucky-smelly-wet-with-little-pine-trees-sprouting in the gutters.


Trim back the blackberry bushes.  We didn't harvest any this year.  I still have jam from last year's crop.


Rake out the leaves and weed the lane.  Never ending.


More bush trimming.


Organize clothes & pack them away!  Actually, I've added another 2 containers to this pile.  It's now 5 1/2 feet tall:)


Mt. Charity has got to GO!


My catch all pile on my dresser needs some sorting, too.


I just CAN NOT stand to sit at night with nothing to work on.  So I pulled out this Chick pattern just to see if I could actually do it.   I had fun with it!  I wouldn't even let the girls see what I was working on.  It was a mystery.


I finished sewing all of the parts (eyes, beak, wings, feet) on today.  The girls will get to see it when they get home from school.  My favorite part is the bonnet.  But maybe that's because it's my favorite color: Lime Green!


This isn't on my list.  But I had to include it because it's Terry's first attempt at a Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler.  It was so yummy!!!  He did a great job and it smelled sooooooooooooo good!


I'm thinking by the time I get everything on this list done, I'll be able to function with my spare time without concentrating really, really hard!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound like you are so busy. But you got alot done. Thank goodness for terry to mow the lawn. I get to do the fertilizing tonight. Its suppose to rain tonight. Love ya tons, Tawnya

Tina said...

You go girl! YOU are such a cute chick! ;) That would be so cute to put in their Spring baskets!

Tifany said...

"Cute Chick", very funny (ha-ha)! Spring Baskets......hmmm, good idea:)

John and Laura said...

i love the chicks!! go you!

Mishqueen said...

Shall I assume you are already aware of this woman?
www.planetjune.com/blog/category/crochet

Tifany said...

I haven't heard of said woman above. But I LOVE what I've seen on this website!! Thanks!