Now that I'm not spending every spare minute crocheting blankets, I'm finding that sometimes I am at a loss of what to do with my time. You wouldn't think it would be hard to find something to do, but I do. It's a change in my daily routine, which always takes me longer to adjust to than I'd like.
So to help myself overcome my paralysis, I've made a list to remind me of things I can do.
Label the home school supplies and SEND THEM BACK!! Emma, Kara, and Livvy are all attending a different elementary school. They are all having a much better experience with their teachers:) I'm LOVING my 6 1/2 hours a day of freedom.
Catch up on mending clothes.
Not my favorite thing to do, though.
Not my favorite thing to do, though.
Learn how to play the guitar. Kara got this one for her birthday. So I'm trying to learn how to play it and then teach her as I go. So far, it's slow going. My 12 string guitar had died and I'm debating whether or not to get another one. All the girls enjoy learning the guitar, so we could use another one. But I'm still going back & forth with the decision.
The backyard lawn needs a haircut. Too bad Locks of Love doesn't accept grass! This picture was taken 2 weeks ago. And no, I still haven't checked this one off the list.
It's been so long since it's been mowed that the kids have worn a trail in the grass from the trampoline to the play ground. Brynn has also informed me that there are a lot of slugs in the grass, too. Ick.Play the piano. I miss just sitting and playing for enjoyment. I've ordered a lot of new music, including duets, to learn. I am also teaching piano lessons again. I teach all my girls, plus 3 children in the ward. I'm enjoying it and am still amazed that I can keep a regular after school schedule to allow the time for practicing/lessons every day. There are even times when both pianos are being used simultaneously. And it's not even duets being played! It teaches the girls how to really focus on what they're doing.
Making cookies. I'd forgotten how tasty oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough was! Yummmmm.
1 comment:
mmm... cookie dough...
Post a Comment