O.k, so I'm not crocheting blankets right now. But I HAVE to be doing something therapeutic. I wanted new hot pads/pot holders for my kitchen. They never wear out, I just wanted some different colors. I like the sage green & yellow. They are very refreshing. But I like the "oatmeal" one because it makes me think "cozy, warm" when I see it. And I do love oatmeal:)
These are curly hair bows. Some are short & fat, like a pine cone. Others are longer & thinner.
The girls like wearing them in their pony tails.
This is my first attempt at making a bookmark. It's crocheted with size 10 cotton thread. It only took a couple of hours. This one is 9 inches long & 2 1/2 inches wide.
This lizard bookmark was simple. It's made with baby yarn & measures 6 inches long (from tip of tail to nose) and is 2 inches wide. The hardest part was sewing the legs and eyes (buttons) on.
This bookmark is my favorite out of the three. It's crocheted with the size 10 thread, like the first bookmark. Then I wove the 1/4" ribbon down the middle. Thanks to my mom's fine bow making lessons, I tied it & sewed it right on. This prevents the whole ribbon from slipping as well.
This is definitely MY bookmark and currently in use in "Leven Thumps Book 3".
My girls love all of them and want them. But for now, I'm just holding on to them. I have a few more designs I want to try whenever I can remember to get the right size of crochet hooks from the store.
What do you think, am I addicted?
6 comments:
Love them all.Yeah i would say you are addicted
Yes. And very talented!
addicted??? NO!!! NEVER!!! :) They are fabulous! You do a great job!! Question though..... shouldn't the bow face the other way though?? :)
Trent says I should sell them on Ebay. Have you ever done anything like that? I might have to look into it.
I think you have just found something that brings great pleasure into your life. enjoy!!!! It's great to do things that bring us pleasure and that we find relaxing. Their are many different seasons in our life and we find different things to do for the sheer joy of doing them during each season. I love all the things that you have made! Love you, MOM
I love the books marks. You are doing a great job. Everything is so cute! Yes, addicted
Post a Comment