Thursday, October 15, 2009

Good Reading

I am a reader.  Love to read.  About 2 months ago, the girls & I went to the poe-dunk library to check out some books.  I had a long list of books I was interested in that I'd written down over the last 6 months.  Of course, poe-dunk land is on a "delivery by donkey" rate and every book I looked up at the library was checked out.  So I did the "on hold" request for every one of them.  It was so long ago that I'd forgotten what I asked for.  Last week two of them came in.  Just in time for the holiday weekend (Columbus Day, not that it matters).

I could not put these books down!   They were suggested to me by my sister-in-law-in-law (thanks Stacia!).  From page one, I was hooked.  And because I'm not at all good about explaining what books are about, I attached a link to the author's website where you can read just a bit about them.  But even those descriptions don't do them justice.  But if you click on the titles of each book, it'll bring up critic's opinions of the book and they give you a better idea on the content.

I want to get them for my own book collection.  I could read them again & again.  Brynn is even giving The Hunger Games a try.  I can't wait for the 3rd one!!

The Hunger Games & Catching Fire (sequel to The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins





I saw them at Costco today for $10.29 each!  
Gotta get 'em


http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/works.htm

2 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks! I'm always looking for something new to read. Have you considered coming to the book club?

Stacia Hoecherl said...

I'm really glad that you liked the books, if you are interested I just finished another great read (if you like fantasy) The first book was called Graceling By Kristin Cashmore, and she just put out a Companion book called Fire. Both good reads. Fire happens before Graceling but the author said to read Graceling first. I will let you know of any others that I think are good reads. Happy reading!