A few nights later, I was attempting to go to sleep. I'd had a very busy day & had already taken my sleeping pill. As I was trying to drift off, the song started going through my mind. I tried to shut my mind off. I hadn't thought about the song at all that day & I was pooped. I wanted to go to sleep. The harder I tried, the more the words began to tumble through my mind. I knew what was happening. It has happened many, many times before. I was receiving inspiration. I have often received answers to prayers when I am trying to sleep. Sometimes I just wake up in the night with the answer running through my head. Even knowing this, I still tried to talk myself into staying in bed & hoping I'd remember the words in the morning. Nope, the words continued to come. I knew I couldn't ignore them any longer. I got up & began to write. My writing was barely legible. My sleeping pill had fully kicked in by now!! But within 30 minutes, I had three verses written. Yeah!!! I could finally go to sleep!!
In the morning, I read through the words again. I struggled with the last verse that I had written. So I called Bri in to see if she could help me come up with something that would work better. She did!! As I read through the entire song, we felt goose bumps. I knew it was right. My only concern now was that if Ems had actually written her list, would I be able to put something together that would work for her? All I knew was that what I had been guided to write was through inspiration. I knew that if it wasn't for my neice's song, then it was definitely for me & my Primary Children's Choir. So with a bit of anxiety, I called my sister to see if Ems had come up with a gratitude list yet. No, she hadn't. She didn't seem interested in writing her own list. I was relieved! Maybe this was why I was given the inspiration without her list. So I told my sister of my experience & read to her the words that were given to me & Bri. It is a simple testimony of gratitude from a child's perspective. I have been encouraged to post it on my blog. I know that it wasn't my words that were written down. They are the words that Heavenly Father placed into my mind for the purpose of things that only He knows. It was a wonderful experience & I will treasure it always. Thanks, Ems, for giving me the opportunity to put my trust in Him to help you share your testimony with others by singing praises unto Him. I love you!!
I Am Glad for Many Things
Primary Children’s Songbook pg. 151
(Lyrics only)
Verse 1
I am glad for many things, Many things, many things.
I am glad for many things That are mine today.
Verse 2
I am glad for eyes that see & ears that hear when summer’s near.
I am glad for eyes and ears that are mine today.
Verse 3
God gave me my family, family, family.
We are sealed for eternity. His name I praise today!
Verse 4
Heavn’ly Father loves me so, He sent His Son for all to know
How to live and how to grow. I trust in Him each day.
Verse 5
Thank you, thank you, my heart sings, My heart sings, my heart sings.
Thank you for the many things That are mine today.
Lyrics for verses 2-4 written by Tifany & Bri, June 2008. On these verses, you will need to insert an eighth note here & there to fit the added lyrics to the timing of the song.
Lyrics for verses 1 & 5 are the original 2 verses published in the Songbook.
1 comment:
You are so awesome. Your song verses that you and Bri have written are great. You both are so talented. Perfect verses for the song.
Post a Comment