Retro Circle Throw
Designed by Darlene Dale
Finished Measurements: 53"x77"
Each circle square measures 15 inches. I made 3 full circle squares before I got the size right. Each circle square took me about 9 hours to complete. That's 135 hours of work total! That includes hiding all of the strands (2 for each color round). I ended up using a much larger crochet hook (size N instead of J) and I had to add an additional 8 rounds of colors to the circle. I'm a tight crocheter! 
I learned how to alter a pattern to achieve the result I want. I also had never made circles into square pieces before. This pattern used simple stitches: slip stitch (sl) and single crochet stitch (sc).
The circle squares are crocheted together with a slip stitch. The boarder is double crochet, half double crochet (I added this stitch to the boarder) and single crochet stitches.
There are 4 different color pattern circles.
Brynn chose colors: wheat, blue mint, limelight, & baby blush.
I used Simply Soft Caron Yarn.
Brynn loves her blanket!
2 comments:
you are FABULOUS!!!
You are wonder woman in making blankets. Are we next? Love you all lots
Post a Comment